Wesley-Rankin Community Center partners with our neighbors providing education and resources to drive community transformation. Programs include Afterschool Programming, B3X summer camp, Scholars tutoring, GOh GOh Girls and Tri-B Hue leadership groups, Adult Academy, and Casa Feliz (Senior Citizens).
The Wesley-Rankin Teen Board was created as a program to merge civic engagement and leadership development for interested high school students. We are seeking learners and leaders who are looking to engage, educate, and inspire within our community; as well as growing community investment for the programs we operate at Wesley-Rankin Community Center.
The Teen Board will provide an opportunity for student leaders to be involved in this organization. We’re looking to put together a board of creative and enthusiastic leaders.
Submissions for our 2020-2021 WRTB are CLOSED! We will be accepting new applicants during Summer 2021.
Teen Board Requirements and Responsibilities
- Dues $50 (Teen Board t-shirt and operating budget)
- Attend 5 of 8 Teen Board Meetings
- Participate in 1 Wesley-Rankin Birthday Party and 2 Service Events
- Volunteer at Wesley-Rankin Community Center 2 times a month (limited Saturday opportunities will be available)
- Promote the relevance of Wesley-Rankin mission by contributing with fresh ideas, sharing your talents, and skills with the West Dallas community
- Be an ambassador at your school and community for the mission and work of Wesley-Rankin Community Center
- Teen Board members will increase their ability to be self-reflective and to think critically about their experiences and community issues