Wesley-Rankin Community Center partners with our neighbors providing education and resources to drive community transformation. Programs include Afterschool Programming, B3X summer camp, Scholars tutoring, GOh GOh Girls and Tri-B Hue leadership groups, Adult Academy, and Casa Feliz (Senior Citizens).
The Wesley-Rankin Teen Board was created as a program to merge civic engagement and leadership development for interested high school students. We are seeking learners and leaders who are looking to engage, educate, and inspire within our community; as well as growing community investment for the programs we operate at Wesley-Rankin Community Center.
We are accepting new applications for the TEEN BOARD LEADERSHIP TEAM for the 2022-2023 school year! All applications must be submitted by April 1st, 2022.
The Teen Board will provide an opportunity for student leaders to be involved in this organization. We’re looking to put together a board of creative and enthusiastic leaders.
Teen Board Requirements and Responsibilities
- Dues $50 (Teen Board t-shirt and operating budget)
- Attend 5 of 8 Teen Board Meetings
- Participate in 1 Wesley-Rankin Birthday Party and 2 Service Events
- Volunteer at Wesley-Rankin Community Center 2 times a month (limited Saturday opportunities will be available)
- Promote the relevance of Wesley-Rankin mission by contributing with fresh ideas, sharing your talents, and skills with the West Dallas community
- Be an ambassador at your school and community for the mission and work of Wesley-Rankin Community Center
- Teen Board members will increase their ability to be self-reflective and to think critically about their experiences and community issues