Wesley-Rankin Community Center partners with our neighbors providing education and resources to drive community transformation. Programs include Afterschool Programming, B3X summer camp, Scholars tutoring, GoH GoH Girls and Tri-B Scouts leadership groups, Adult Academy, and Casa Feliz (Senior Adults).
The Wesley-Rankin Teen Board was created as a program to merge civic engagement and leadership development for interested high school students. We are seeking learners who are looking to engage, educate, and inspire within our community; as well as growing community investment for the programs we operate at Wesley-Rankin Community Center.
The Teen Board will provide an opportunity for student leaders to be involved in this organization. We’re looking to put together a board of creative and enthusiastic leaders.
Teen Board Requirements and Responsibilities
- Dues $50 (Teen Board t-shirt and operating budget)
- Attend 5 of 8 Teen Board Meetings
- Complete a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service at WRCC per semester
- Promote the relevance of Wesley-Rankin's mission by contributing with fresh ideas, sharing your talents, and skills
- Be an ambassador at your school and community for the mission and work of Wesley-Rankin Community Center
- Teen Board members will increase their ability to be self-reflective and to think critically about their experiences and community issues
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are open!
Deadline is September 4, 2023 at 5 PM.